The Naylor Report provided innovative thinking on how to unlock the value of the NHS estate but perhaps, like Carter before it, hasn’t been the spark it could have been. No proper delivery vehicle for Naylor has been created and there’s no toolkit an Estates Director can latch on to translate ideas into action.
The HSJ Strategic Estates Forum is a free-to-attend event for board members who lead estates functions, Directors of Estates and commissioning leaders who want to advance their thinking on how to maximise the value of their estate. This is not another talking shop.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Plenary sessions in which Sir Robert Naylor and Lord Carter share their latest thinking rather than the same old presentations
- Opportunities to interrogate central agencies such as NHS Improvement and NHS Property Services to fully understand their role and how policy will be implemented at a local level
- Insight from the Treasury and Department of Health on how capital can be accessed and efficiency savings made
- Clarity on the financial opportunities that can be derived from public-private partnerships and how these models are underpinned from a legal standpoint
- Inspiring case studies from STPs who are fast developing their estates plans and are breaking down the old organisational barriers to transform services
- A personalised itinerary for the day that enables you to book 1-2-1 meetings with the developers, specialist consultants, construction companies, legal firms and other private sector experts who will help shape your strategic estates vision.
- Guidance on how to build an effective business so that your capital projects gain the relevant approval
- Detail from Community Health Partnerships (CHP) on Project Phoenix and how, as a framework, it will get £50m and under projects shovel ready
- Updates on the One Public Estate initiative projects that are flourishing thanks to collaboration across the public sector / government estate.
- Learning from leading organisations who prioritise estates as a corporate, board level function and innovate by aligning their estates strategy with their clinical strategy
What our attendees are saying:
“Useful presentations and discussions”
“Clear, authoritative presentations and panel discussions”
“Great line-up and commitment from Simon Corben to stay the whole day”
“Excellent presentation by Sir Robert and very good discussion well chaired by Alastair McLellan”
“Good presentation from a trust that has done it!”
“Interesting and informative”
“Excellent opportunity to share ideas and challenge and put these in a national context”
“Very well organised with good quality material”
“An informative day that has identified the key themes to cover in our estates strategy”
“A useful overview of the emerging landscape in estates and investment strategies”
“Great event, well attended”
“Very dynamic event and pulled together information from various sources”