NHS Property Services
We are a government-owned company which exists to help the NHS get the most from its estate and ensure that it is consistently fit for purpose so that healthcare professionals can deliver excellent patient care.
Our portfolio is one of the largest in the UK, comprising more than 3,000 properties with 7,000 tenants across England. At a total value of more than £3bn, this represents about 10% of the total NHS estate.
Using our expertise to enable excellent patient care
We have unrivalled depth of experience and breadth of skills in every area of property. This unique expertise allows us to work collaboratively with our NHS colleagues to enable them to make the right estate decisions for their patients, so the NHS is fit for purpose now, and in the future.
At the heart of NHS properties across the country, our dedicated facilities management teams work on the frontline to keep buildings clean, safe, warm, and compliant so every patient can get the care they need in the best place for them.
During 2020/1, we delivered…
- 110 transformational projects for the NHS estate, improving 100,000sqm of space
- More flexible room booking with NHS Open Space, covering 1,100 rooms nationwide
- £34m in capital receipts via surplus land disposals, to reinvest in the NHS estate
- 45 smarter working projects that supported 4,200 colleagues from across the NHS
- A 30% reduction in our CO2 emissions compared to 2017/18 via our Greener NHS programme