Why you should attend?
There are many events that focus on the operational and technical aspects of the estates function. This is not one of them.
The HSJ Strategic Estates Forum is a high-level, strategic event that focuses on policy and its implementation. It is a free to attend event. HSJ recognises the financial difficulties faced by NHS organisations and want to support you rather than add to your strain.
The forum brings together board members and senior estates leaders who are developing strategic plans for their organisations and their local health economies.
It does this by drawing on information from central government, insight from leading NHS organisations and expertise from the private sector so that strategic plans can be aligned at organisational, local and national levels. This is not another talking shop
This is why you should attend the HSJ Strategic Estates Forum:
- Gain clarity from the centre on new policy initiatives: Since the General Election, it has been unclear who is shaping and setting the policy agenda where the NHS estate is concerned. Sir Robert Naylor has provided creative and considered thinking, but how does that translate into action?
- Hear the latest views from Sir Robert Naylor and Lord Carter on what progress has been made since their landmark reports were published and what advice they have for the sector on the next steps that should be taken
- Listen to the Treasury and Department of Health view on the NHS estate and use of capital with David Williams
- Understand from Simon Corben the scope of ambition NHS Improvement and NHS England have for estates and what their role will be
- Join sessions hosted by Community Health Partnerships (CHP) and NHS Property Services as they set out their stall for the future and allay the concerns that many have over their past performance
- Question these central players to understand how your role is affected by the policy decisions and direction of travel set at a national level
- Explore the benefits of accessing capital through public-private partnerships: There are so many opportunities out there for NHS organisations to partner with the private sector, but whilst some are attractive, the system architecture and frameworks make it difficult to successfully navigate.
- Find out about Project Phoenix and how you can benefit from the new framework that specifically assists the financing of projects up to the value of £50m
- Hear case studies from successful projects in which the NHS has benefitted from a public-private sector partnership and understand how they made it work and what they would avoid next time
- Book 1-2-1 meetings as part of your personalised itinerary for the day with developers, construction companies, healthcare planners, legal firms to get specific insight for your organisation on the next steps to take in developing your Estates Masterplan.
- Build effective relationships through the STPs and other localised policy initiatives: There is a real need to think beyond the bricks and mortar of your own institutions as a population based approach to healthcare takes root in the NHS and Accountable Care Systems (ACSs) begin to flourish:
- Learn how individual STPs are coming together to develop strategic plans and put aside the protectionist concerns of their own organisations. The key takeaway will be how you can form good relationships and emerge from siloed ways of thinking?
- Get a full update on how the One Public Estate initiative is performing and hear examples of how public-sector organisations are breaking down barriers to maximise the value of their land
- Network with colleagues at the event during the refreshment breaks and lunch to exchange ideas and insight on how relationships are forming across the country at an STP level
Complete the registration form to apply to attend.