Who should attend?
The responsibility at board level for the estates function is different from organisation to organisation and reporting lines can also be very varied.
The result of this is that that estates issues are not always prioritised at board level or linked to clinical strategies.
Estates Directors do not always have full access to board meetings and so are not exposed to the wider corporate concerns of their organisation. This means their skills tend to be more operational rather than strategic; something identified in Sir Robert Naylor’s report.
This is a strategic level event that provides advice for trusts on how to organise their estates function, develop the knowledge of their estates team and ensure the issue is properly represented at board level by providing examples from successful organisations.
We recommend the attendees to this event include:
- Directors of Estates and Facilities
- Trust Board Members with responsibility for the estates function
- STP Estates Leads and STP Board Members
- Senior commissioners with responsibility for the estates function
- Leaders from national bodies and government who influence and set estates policy